Dirty files

Esben Mose Hansen esben at ange.dk
Tue May 18 09:18:02 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 00:16:25 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Actually, we might not even get the notifications we're interested in,
> see the api dox of dirty(). It might not be emitted when files change
> their size/attribute, its only guaranteed to be emitted when files are
> being created/deleted.

Well, inotify offers what we need. And in the cases where it does not, we can
easily fall back on the current behaviour.

It will investigate the inotify-being-turned off soonish. I'd be willing to
write a little interface for it if KDirWatch doesn't satisfy our needs, it's a
very simple (C) interface to use.

--
kind regards, Esben
Ange Optimization Aps