Regarding bugfixes and branches and merging

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 18 19:14:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

ok, after about 1.5 weeks its pretty obvious that everybody wants his
fixes asap in master and at the same time nobody wants to spend time on
merging other people's fixes into master (which I totally understand).

Hence I hereby suggest that everybody who has a bugfix to commit thats
applicable to 1.0 commits it to the 1.0 branch and then does:
git checkout master
git merge 1.0
git push origin master 1.0

This will get you your bugfix in master, make you only responsible for
merging the commits you created and still get us a stable, bugfixed 1.0
branch.

Is that ok with everybody?

Save energy: be apathetic.