proposal for kdevelop.org new website design

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at kdevelop.org
Sun May 16 21:46:40 UTC 2010

On Sunday 16 May 2010 22:33:05 Sam S. wrote:

> I just pushed a couple of commits implementing a float based column
> layout that fixes various quirks of the old position:absolute based
> one, without rearranging the order of the HTML content.
> Yes, it turns out that *is* possible, thanks to the "Holy Grain of
> Layouts" layout at http://www.alistapart.com/articles/holygrail
Yes I used that very same "source of inspiration" when creating the current
design.

> The only "downsides" of this float layout are, as far as I can see:
> [...]
>  - it seems to mess up IE even more than it was before (but this
> should probably be fixable, if necessary with a conditional IE-only
> stylesheet)
I think there are some workarounds available. I remember doing some changes to
the current design so that it works in IE.

> Amilcar, Niko, is this acceptable?
Is there a place where I can see it in action ?

> (Note that the spacing around the main page content is too large now,
> this is due to the main content currently consisting of "moduleentry"s
> which take care of padding, whereas with the new column layout the
> middle column div itself has the appropriate padding already, so once
> the moduleentry's are removed and all pages converted to clean
> "<h1></h1> <p></p> ... <h2></h2> <p></p> ..." markup, all should be
> fine.)
Can we keep the moduleentry() function call and change its contents  to
<h1></h1> ?
I would hate to have to change all the pages + translated pages.

--
Amilcar Lucas
KDevelop developer/webmaster