Help, tied up by the chain

Ruan Strydom ruan at jcell.co.za
Fri May 14 17:00:52 UTC 2010

I need additional info for elements in DTD so what I have done was created a
class ElementDeclaration extending ClassDeclaration (and the data classes).

ElementDeclarationData has the following members:
    KDevelop::IndexedString contentType;
    bool openTagRequired;
    bool closeTagRequired;

The problem is that the parser now depends on this, as I need to use DTD
(parsed and built before SGML) to correctly parse SGML. So I have a recursive
dependency. In addition to this, all new libs that use the DUChain for SGML
will now have a dependency on the SGML DUChain lib. And I need to expose the
headers. Also now the DUChain is not as nicely abstracted anymore.

Should I collapse the dependency tree and make the parser and duchain one lib
or is there another way of storing this info so that it accessible using the
abstract classes only?

ps: If the enum uses where int's or if C++ allowed extending enums I could
have used some of the existing members.

Let me know if I should commit the code/changes and point you to the problem
area.

Thanks