Getting rid of global objects in kdevplatform/language

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri May 14 11:18:37 UTC 2010

On 14.05.10 11:50:48, Niko Sams wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 00:41, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Opinions?
> >
> Those statics caused lot of headache, would be great if we could remove them.
> And, yeah, lot's of improvements.

Just to make it clear: They're still statics, just their creation-time is
now better-defined (created on use, instead of always-created on
shared-lib-loading).

I'm pretty sure that making them non-static objects with a way to destroy
is a _lot_ of effort and would indeed cause much severe performance
problems. The change I did now probably still allows the compiler to
generate code which is very similar to the original, bypassing most of the
function calls and accessing the static object directly.

Your step will soil many countries.