proposal for kdevelop.org new website design

Amilcar do Carmo Lucas amilcar at kdevelop.org
Mon May 10 21:29:52 UTC 2010

On Monday 10 May 2010 21:48:24 Sam S. wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas

> >>    2. *Quick-access boxes for horizontal links within page classes*

Thanks for the explanation. I get it now. And I approve your idea.

> >>    1. *Cleaning up the top links*
Yes, I see your point, I believe your Idea is better than mine.

> Btw., may I point out that neither 'Tutorials' nor 'F.A.Q.' currently
> contains any information relevant to KDevelop 4.
Yes I know. But I have no time to write tutorials and so far I can not tell
which are the most frequently asked questions about kdev4.

> >>    2. *Cleaning up and restructuring of the navigation menu links (left
> >>    column)** for KDev4.x*
OK for me

> >>    3. *Rephrasing the "What is KDevelop and KDevPlatform" text on the
> >> front page*
>
> By that, I also meant the text that you see in the respective mockup
> picture. (Maybe others have further ideas for improvement... After all,
> this is the first thing many people will read about KDevelop...)
>
> >>    4. *A dedicated 'About' page*

> Yes, that's what I meant: a general "about KDevelop" page (where
> "KDevelop" equals both "KDevelop the application" and "KDevelop the
> open sorce project"), not something specific to version X (for that,
> there are the "release announcement" and "new features" pages and the
> above mentioned "main page for version X.X")
Again, OK.

--
Amilcar Lucas
KDevelop developer/webmaster