Build problem

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed May 5 19:40:59 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 05 May 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 05.05.10 21:26:19, David Nolden wrote:
> > >
> > > Which cmake and which kdelibs is this? I can also see the warning that
> >
> > I use cmake 2.8.1, and a kdelibs version somewhere between 4.4 and 4.5
> > (I stopped updating it when kate started to get broken..)
>
> You could check wether you have
> <prefix>/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindPackage... that would be the
> kdelibs version. Apparently kde 4.4 has none and it was added at some
> point to trunk with a bit more code than cmake's own version has. Maybe
> thats the reason its broken for you.
>
> > > I've just comitted a fix to trunk (and am trying to backport to 4.4)
> > > for it, so it'll recognize KDevPlatform_VERSION as version-variable as
> > > it should.
> >
> > To trunk of kdelibs?
>
> Yes (you could update only cmake/modules/ and copy the
> FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake to the dir I wrote above) and I
> can't backport anything as the file is not in kdelibs 4.4...

Hmm, you could add FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake to the 4.4 branch.
The one in cmake will be updated soon to, it's currently here:
http://gitorious.org/~neundorf/cmake/neundorfs-cmake/commits/find_package_handle_standard_args-version-checking

This one already has slightly more advanced logic and should already be able
to handle the CamelCase stuff you just fixed for kdelibs.

If you feel like it, give it a try :-)

Alex