Build problem

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 5 18:54:23 UTC 2010

On 05.05.10 17:19:50, David Nolden wrote:
> I have problems building the new git checkout of kdevelop. I aways get
> the following error when running cmake for kdevelop:

Which cmake and which kdelibs is this? I can also see the warning that
FindPackageHandleStandardArgs doesn't get a version, but its not a
failure here as it then ignores the REQUIRED flag. So I'm wondering
wether thats maybe something that got fixed in trunk and wasn't ever
there in 4.3...

I've just comitted a fix to trunk (and am trying to backport to 4.4) for
it, so it'll recognize KDevPlatform_VERSION as version-variable as it
should.

> It does find the correct installed KDevPlatformConfig.cmake file, but
> that one does not seem to contain the version.

Thats done implicitly by CMake, see man cmake serach for the Config mode
and for -version.cmake. Problem is that the
FindPackageHandleStandardArgs expected the wrong case'ing of the
variable.

> Before your (Andreas) last update of the version, I could workaround
> the problem by adding KDEVPLATFORM_VERSION="1.0.0" into that file,

If you would've used 1.0.60 as  value that should've still worked.

Are you a turtle?