gtags plugin for kdevelop4

Nitin Gupta ngupta at vflare.org
Wed May 5 15:53:47 UTC 2010

On 05/05/2010 09:08 PM, David Nolden wrote:
> Our idea is rather to make the duchain indexing faster. We can allow
> to disable all the functionality until it does nothing more than
> "gtags"/"ctags"/whatever (for example by disabling the lookup of
> included files), but it would still be much better integrated than any
> external indexer.

Even after allowing full indexing with current duchain, there are some
weird bugs. For example, when searching for functions like atomic_read(),
which is defined separately at 20+ places (separate implementation for
each supported arch), the query show only a few of these in results.

On interface side, its quite difficult to navigate among search results
if number of them is large. Call graph plugin is not as good as KScope.

(fixing duchain itself is probably beyond my ability. C++ scares me!).

Thanks,
Nitin