Questions about BreakpointController

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Mon May 3 07:15:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

> how do I notify kdevelop that a breakpoint was hit? I'm trying to use
> setHitCount() function, but I wasn't able to make the debug cursor show on
> the editor.
call IBreakpointController::hit, see gdb/breakpointcontroller.cpp line 408.
But that does not set the current exection line icon, that happens in
gdb/debugsession.cpp line 756 (showStepInSource signal)

> And how I'm able to handle breakpoints that are not
> user-created, i.e. generated by the debugger or by other entity?
> Thanks,
They get added in gdb BreakpointController::handleBreakpointList and
BreakpointController::update updates one individual breakpoint.

Niko