Access rights for gitorious.org setup

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun May 2 21:18:04 UTC 2010

On 02.05.10 22:56:20, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 9:43 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > something which I didn't think of before (which can always be changed
> > later on) is access rights. To understand the basics please read
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/KdeOnGit especially
> > the "How KDE projects are set up on gitorious.org".
> >
> > The question is who should get the admin flag so he can push tags to the
> > repositories? I suggest at least 2 or 3 people to put in there so we
> > don't have a single point of failure.
> >
> > I suggest to do this:
> > kdevelop, kdevplatform
> >
> > Alex D., David, Niko
> >
> > quanta, php, php-docs
> > Niko, Milian, <someone else?>
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I'd like to be there too.

I don't have any objections, but wanted to note that the difference
between repo-admin and repo-collaborator is really just the ability to
push new tags (for releases). A normal collaborator can push anything
else too (i.e. new branches and commits).

You may get an opportunity for advancement today.  Watch it!