[zander at kde.org: Re: [Kde-scm-interest] Project layout on gitorious]

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 19:51:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 00:53, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 28.03.10 21:09:45, Niko Sams wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 20:58, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > seems we might have to merge our rule files a bit differently, please
>> > see below.
>> Please elaborate on this. Do you mean the repository name?
>
> No, the mail I sent was about the layout of projects. Apparently the
> understanding among the kde-scm group so far was that each rule file
> gets its own project on the gitorious server and all repositories that
> the rule file creates are going to be repositories in that
> gitorious-project.
>
> That doesn't fit with what we've "settled" (well, discussion somehow
> died) on for kdevplatform, kdevelop, quanta and the maintained plugins.
>
> I'm not sure yet in what way this really affects us (i.e. wether we
> really need to merge parts of the files into 1 kdevelop file), as we're
> going to move before the "big masses" and hence have control over the
> process and how we split stuff.

I think it won't be a problem to have one project from multiple rule
files or the
other way around. Especially not for the few repositories we have.

That layout would mean one KDevelop project that contains repositories
for kdevelop, kdevplatform,
kdevelop-php(?), kdevelop-php-docs(?), kdevelop-upload(?)
And one Quanta project that contains quanta and?

How would this layout work together with the playground -> kdereview
-> kdevelop moves
for plugins?

Niko