Debugger: should expressionUnderCursor use the DUCain?

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 21 13:52:05 UTC 2010

Am Sonntag 21 März 2010 14:24:34 schrieb Niko Sams:
> You mean something like this:
> if (chain && chain->findContextAt(pos)) {
>    //use chain->findContextAt(pos)->findDeclarationAt(pos);
> } else {
>    //current implementation
> }

It depends on how exactly you want to use findDeclarationAt(..). Anyway I
think it shouldn't completely rely on duchain, even if the top-context was
parsed, because it may not have been parsed correctly.

So maybe something like this: 1. "Decide what to do using the current
implementation", 2. "Try to refine the decision using the duchain".

Greetings, David