extragear/sdk/kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Mar 20 13:13:07 UTC 2010

On 20.03.10 13:39:02, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > On 20.03.10 02:40:36, Aleix Pol Gonzalez wrote:
> > > SVN commit 1105395 by apol:
> > >
> > > Add a IProject::isReady method to know what's an IProject instance state.
> > (in practice, we don't want to deal with the IProject instance while it's
> > being reloaded)
> >
> > I didn't look at the code that uses this in cmake manager, but wouldn't it
> > be possible to use a signal instead? We currently have
> > projectAboutToBeOpened(), projectOpened(), projectClosing(),
> > projectClosed(). It would fit nicely to have a
> > projectReloading()+projectReloaded() in the controller.
> >
> Yes it would be possible if we added the reloading signals. I don't think it
> would be better though.

Without looking at the code having a signal tells the API users not doing a
while( !project->isReady() ) {
  sleep(200);
}

busy loops. Instead they'll be forced to write "event-driven" code that
won't be blocking the UI. It might not make a real difference in the
cmake-manager case, but I think from an API point-of-view it would be
better.

You will inherit some money or a small piece of land.