Git import postponed?!

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 12:02:50 UTC 2010

On 03.03.10 10:37:32, Nicolai Haehnle wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > but I won't
> > be doing feature work in svn either anymore (that happens when one uses
> > superior tools :(
>
> Just out of curiosity, does git-svn not work for you? I've been using
> it for quite some time for all my KDE-related checkouts and haven't
> run into problems (granted, I only use it for fixing the occasional
> bug I run into).

It works fine as long as you want to work on something alone, but I want to
do some bigger things (at least start them) that others should be able to
test. And that doesn't work with git-svn. Additionally you can't mix
different git-svn clones with each other, so moving a branch from one of my
machines to another requires to setup 1 git-svn clone on a central machine
thats reachable from everywhere and from which I then dcommit. Thats almost
as useless as branching in svn (I wouldn't have thought I'd say that a year
ago, but after working with git for 6 months I changed my mind).

Andreas

> cu,
> Nicolai
>
> --

Tomorrow, this will be part of the unchangeable past but fortunately,
it can still be changed today.