Release Plan

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Mar 1 11:27:06 UTC 2010

Andreas Pakulat, 01.03.2010:
> On 01.03.10 11:19:04, Niko Sams wrote:

> > > Ok, done now. The full plan is up on:
> > > http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/4.0_Release_Sche
> > > dule
> > >
> > > I've added us to the extragear techbase table too:
> > > http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Extragear
> >
> > What about kdevelop-plugins?
> >
> > Sould they have independet releases?
>
> Whatever you want :) If you think all of the plugins in there will be ready
> by may 1st we can do a combined release. Its your decision basically, also
> wether you then want a kdevelop-plugins-1.0 or a separate package for each
> plugin.

We should release together imo. PHP plugin is mature enough and shouldn't eat
any children. Not sure about pets though.

Anyways, I'm for merging the PHP & PHP-Docs plugins and than releasing
kdevelop-plugins as one, i.e. PHP & Upload (Niko: will you manage to get
XDebug et alii into extragear by that time?).

Imo packagers will create separate packages for each plugin if required.

> I'm not sure at the moment about possible translation issues though, do you
> have Messages.sh scripts to extract the translatable texts? Do you even
> have translateable texts in those plugins?

We do and there should be Messages.sh. That was one thing that got added in
the review period before we moved to extragear.
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de