debugging kdevelop.bin doesn't work

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 1 07:52:57 UTC 2010

On 28.02.10 21:12:08, Victor Vicente de Carvalho wrote:
> 2010/2/25 Niko Sams <niko.sams at gmail.com>:
> > On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 20:57, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> >> @#%#$$@!$@#$~!!!@@!! I had follow-fork-mode set to child in my .gdbinit
> >> :) Which made gdb follow the first qmake call and when that one exited
> >> gdb exited too... Thanks for hitting me with a brick wall into the right
> >> direction.
> >>
> > :D
> > Glad you found the issue.
> >
> > Niko
> >
> > --
> >

> It is possible to debug a plugin this way? From inside KDevelop?? I'd
> like to debug the php plugin

Sure, just open the plugin sources in kdevelop as project, set a
breakpoint in a file and start kdevelop. You just have to make sure that
you've build the code you want to debug with CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
(on Linux), else stepping through the source will strangely jump around
due to compiler optimizations.

You have an ability to sense and know higher truth.