[kdevplatform] d3af706 Increase KDE requirement to 4.4 to fix the build f

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jun 19 09:45:15 UTC 2010

On 19.06.10 08:38:15, Niko Sams wrote:
> > And guys, it's rather easy to get Kate from 4.5 setup nowadays thanks to the
> > Kate on Git repo:
> >
> > http://gitorious.org/kate
> >
> > All you need to do in order to link against it properly is symlinking it's
> > headers (dunno about the libs) into your (maybe stable) kdelibs. I do that
> > since some time and it works like a charm.
> I have installed kate in my home, what symlinks do I have to create so that
> it is used by kdevelop?

I guess easiest is to rm -r include/interfaces/ktexteditor and then
re-create it as symlink pointing to kate-git's ktexteditor directory. And
you'd also might want to remove the katepart.so in lib/kde4 so the one in
kate-git installation is used. And don't forget to add the kate-git install
prefix to KDEDIRS.

> If it is really that easy to use kate git + kde 4.4 I'd say it's no problem to
> have that as a requirement for master.

Problem is that there's no way to depend on a specific kte version (afaik),
other than kdelibs version.

Try to relax and enjoy the crisis.
		-- Ashleigh Brilliant