LanguagePlugins and AlwaysOn

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jun 17 17:12:00 UTC 2010

Milian Wolff, 17.06.2010:
> Heyho,
>
> while working on the multilang support I found out that the "AlwaysOn"
> attribute doesn#t actually mean AlwaysOn but more "neverUnload". But
> imagine this:
>
> open index.html
> => langController->languagesForUrl()
> (foreground)
> => loads XML Language Support
> => parsejob
> => run (background)
> => langController->languagesForMimeType("text/css")
> => nothing found since loading plugins from the background is explicitly
> forbidden
>
> Now what to do? Can't we simply load all language plugins _always_? I.e.
> also at start?

PS: This would of course also mean that all the web* plugins are loaded into
KDevelop and all cpp-similar languages into Quanta...

This isn't that nice considering Cpp adds a few cpp-only Menu entries here and
there (Create Class, Jump to XYZ, ... )

So I'm fine if someone finds a better solution.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de