Better documentation / restrictions on enum values for Declaration IDs

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 14 15:14:03 UTC 2010

2010/6/14 Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de>:
> Ah but looking at it, I see this:
>
> UnsureType (KDevplatform) is in the 30's area,
>
> PHPs types are in the 50's area
>
> Types, Contexts and Declarations are all stored in the same registrator,
> right? Meaning they must have distinct identities?
Yes, _all_ duchain objects must have distict identities, including
objects deriving ParsingEnvironmentFile (aka. Cpp::EnvironmentFile).

> What are the limitations for changing the Identities? I expect I'd have to
> increase the DUChain version so that it gets reparsed to prevent crashes?
Yes the repository version has to be increased. At some point we'll
have to find a solution here that also works with more or less
independent plugins.

> If so I'd restructure _all_ identities and reserve the first 50 (we already
> have 27) for KDevplatform. Then I'd put the languages there in batches of 10
> (or should I increase that already? Cpp has 7, PHP has 8 custom Identities
> already).
Maybe we should simply use ranges of 20, just to be on the safe side.

Greetings, David