Thread-safety issue in cmake support ?

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 12 22:59:45 UTC 2010

2010/6/12 Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de>:
> David Nolden, 12.06.2010:
> well, what you show up there is just what we proposed, only slightly different.
> You copy the editor contents in the ::run() method, while we'd do it before
> its done, i.e. directly in the foreground thread.

The problem is that if you do all that stuff in the constructor, you
will always do it. If we do it on-demand from within the background
using the foreground-lock, we can only request the stuff if we really
require it, after we've checked whether the update is actually
required using environment-matching etc.