default enabled plugins

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jun 12 18:11:32 UTC 2010

On 12.06.10 16:44:24, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> since I'll hopefully have soon the plugins imported into Quanta (waiting for
> Apakus help), I'll soon need/want a way to define a set of plugins that are
> enabled by default in Quanta or KDevelop.
>
> There are a few that should not be enabled _by default_ in Quanta and vice
> versa. My current favorite way to handle that would be:
>
> X-KDevelop-EnableByDefault=[yes|no|quanta,kdevelop,...]
>
> yes == default == enabled in all KDevplatform apps on first start
> no == disabled in all KDevplatform apps on first start
>
> strlist: only enabled by default in apps with that name, as identified by the
> KAboutData of the KDevplatform application.

As milian already said, the decision is to be done by the hosting
application, not the plugin. The plugin shouldn't need to know which
hosting apps exist.

And in fact we already have a way to do this:

ShellExtension::defaultPlugins()

Thats either an empty list (as currently in kdevelop's implementation of
the interface) to load all available plugins or a list of plugin names
(X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name) to only load those.

Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.