Thread-safety issue in cmake support ?

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Fri Jun 11 20:07:52 UTC 2010

On Friday 11 June 2010 21:41:56 Milian Wolff wrote:
> This I don't get. Each SmartRange or well, in future, each MovingRange must
> be  accessed in the MainThread since the document might get edited while
> getting parsed.

This seems like a suboptimal approach. While not simply store the ranges as
simple structures and instantiate the smart/moving things when the document
gets activated? For the currently edited document, I'd parse a copy, and
discard the result if the file was changed during parsing. If we wanted to get
smart about it, we could allow the parsing to be restarted from a point (the
point that was edited).

That neatly eliminates a whole slew of foregound locks once-and-for-all. That
leaves the duchain, and the include path resolution and maybe a few other
things.

--
Kind regards, Esben