Last plea

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jun 9 13:43:04 UTC 2010

Leon Pollak, 09.06.2010:
> On Wednesday June 9 2010, Milian Wolff wrote:
> > Leon Pollak, 08.06.2010:
> > > This is my plea for the help whihc seems to be simple for kdevelop
> > > guru, like Andreas...:-)
> > >
> > > On FC13 I compiled and installed kdevelop3.5.5 into a separate
> > > directory and run it with KDEDIRS and KDEHOME set to new values.
> > >
> > > The kdevelop3.5.5 runs and works fine! The only problem - it has the
> > > system font in all elements (menus, captures, etc.) set to something
> > > big and unusual!
> > >
> > > Very annoying!
> > > Please, how and where can I redefine it?
> >
> > You probably need kdebase from KDE 3 and KControl to configure that. Or
> > maybe there is some config file you can edit by hand.
>
> Thank you, Millian.
>
> What you say looks trange for me, as kdevelop-3.5.5 worked fine with my
> FC11, which had KDE 4.4 installed.
>
> Probably, there should be some tuning, parameter, definition that must be
> set for kdevelo-3.5.5 to work...:-(

KDevelop itself doesn't care about it's font settings, esp. not in menus
captures etc. This is all taken from a central KDE configuration. I don't know
whether it tries to take some KDE4 config file and fails due to that. You should
make sure that your KDE3 apps use a different $KDEHOME then the KDE4 apps, just
to make sure.

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de