Php 5.3 support

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Jun 8 21:00:19 UTC 2010

Niko Sams, 08.06.2010:
> Hi,
>
> Milian started on Php 5.3 support (yay!) and that arises one question:
> should it be configurable? (ie. a project setting that
> enables/disables 5.3 features)
>
> what do you think?

I'm for a "no, it shouldn't".

We should support the newest version and be done with it. And looking at the
features, I don't see any that change existing behavior. Sure, you won't get
an error if you run PHp < 5.3 and use some advanced feature, but then again:
Why cares ;-)

Making it configurable is just more work where I don't see any real value.
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de