Supporting multiple languages in a single document

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Jun 7 11:21:10 UTC 2010

Jonathan Schmidt-Dominé - Developer, 07.06.2010:
> Okay, that is right.
> So hints are definitely needed, but wouldn't it be still the best way to do
> that in the tokenizer?

This is what I was talking about, look also at my patches ;-)

PHP e.g. already create a single token for the stuff outside it's <?php ... ?>
tokens. The PHP parsejob (either a designated visitor or inside one of the
existing visitors) would then create a parsejob for these tokens with the new
method I added. The question is _again_: how to decide what language /
mimetype to use for the sourrounding stuff. I so far only hacked it in for
HTML since it's easy there:

So you directly have the mimetype. Same for JavaScript.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de