PHP plugin doesn't support parallel make

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jul 30 00:43:11 UTC 2010

On 29.07.10 23:39:19, Alexander Shaduri wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:23:28 +0200
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > So I'm guessing that something with the
> > generated dependency information from cmake is wrong, if anybody feels
> > like uploading his build-tree (from a broken make -j3) somewhere I'd be
> > willing to take a peek.
>
> With git masters of kdevplatform, kdevelop-pg-qt, php, also cmake-2.8.1.
> In php directory I executed:
> $ mkdir 0build
> $ cmake ..; make -j3
>
> The build failed, and here's a tarball of the 0build directory:
> http://ifile.it/n8j053k/0build-php.tar.bz2

Hmm, nothing thats obviously wrong in the dependencies. I don't
understand this, I think you'll have to find a real cmake expert on this
(on the cmake list or the kde-buildsystem list).

The only thing I can see that could change something would be explicitly
adding dependencies from the existing source files to the generated
files. But I was under the impression that for normal c/c++ files this
is taken care of by cmake's dependency scanner...

But the generated buildfiles clearly have no dependency from the
pre-existing source files (like main.cpp in the parser) to the generated
file (like phpast.h).

Green light in A.M. for new projects.  Red light in P.M. for traffic tickets.