Making the parse-job progress bar more subtle

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jul 29 15:02:43 UTC 2010

Hey all,

I'd like to get a discussion started on the progress bar in our left bottom
corner. A few users already complained to me about it flashing too much. I have
to admit that I have a very two-sided opinion on that myself:

- the progress bar makes sense when a long job is running, like a project
import job
- the progress bar is annoying when I change something in a file, it is often
(depending on the file size, but well) just flashing and directly gone again.

Simply showing the progress bar delayed to prevent the flashing is imo just a
work around and would still flash for jobs that take $delay + fewmsecs...

Maybe we could at least use a desaturated progress bar? Or a just a non-
animated progress notifier? Or...?

Ideas? Your opinion?

Bye
--