multilanguage kdevelop

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jul 28 22:00:28 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 28 July 2010 21:52:01 Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Monday 26 July 2010 21:28:46 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > hey ho,
> >
> > David and anyone else interested - could you please review
> >
> > http://gitorious.org/kdevelop/devel-
> > kdevplatform/commit/c7b8d2994688d93419c8a533b4bbf4961c883533
> >
> > to see how I think it should be used:
> >
> > http://gitorious.org/+kdevelop-developers/kdevelop/devel-
> > quanta/commit/de8233af5f2b161fd1c266eb86d6025b493deb32
> >
> > Input? Otherwise I'll start with the LanguageDuContext etc. pp. and see
> > how it could be done. A huge questionmark I see ahead though is how to
> > actually build the duchain then...
> >
> > findContextAt(ranges.first().start)
> > => build context in that ducontext, but don't invalidate contexts +
> > declarations from other languages (i.e. setEncountered() on all of
> > those).
> >
> > Or maybe we should go the multiple-contexts-per-file route after all? I'm
> > not sure it's actually interesting to know in which languages/contexts we
> > are embedded. We just need to adapt outline, context browser and maybe
> > some more tools to cope with these cases...
> >
> > Input?
>
> *push*
>
> David, can you please comment?

I now have basic support for building CSS ducontexts inside XML ducontexts,
see:

http://gitorious.org/kdevelop/devel-
quanta/commit/185e9dae7facf62a6df554fb2be849d69d56f063

Is that something like you once mentioned? If it is, I'll make that DUContext
reusable for other embeddable languages somehow and add some utility functions
to the AbstractContextBuilder

There are still issues left, but this looks like a first start.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de