Mail list archive

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Jul 17 18:16:56 UTC 2010

On Saturday 17 July 2010 17:51:56 Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Saturday 17 July 2010 06:43:25 Konstantin Karganov wrote:
> > Another question why does it need the password at all?
>
> Because there are so called "spam bots". These are spider scripts that
> collect/harvest e-mail addresses to send spam to.
>
> I do not like those, therefor, only authenticated humans can browse the
> archives.

Which, as pointed out by Andreas, makes no sense since all mails are also
publically available at different places.

Really, people should nowadays use a proper spamfilter and be done with it,
instead of laying traps and force information seeking users jump through
hoops.

We really need to consolidate lots of our infrastructure over to KDE, the list
being just one of them!

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de