4.0.1 release

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jul 16 00:41:25 UTC 2010

On 14.07.10 17:09:25, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to notify you that I plan to tag 1.0.1 and 4.0.1 on this Friday and
> directly create a tarball from them. Or would you prefer a one day span
> between tagging and creating tarball? I personally don't see the need here as
> this is a stable / patch release? But as this is my first release as the
> manager, I'm up for feedback :)
>
> Furthermore, I uploaded test tarballs for KDevelop and KDevplatform, as
> created by Harald's (apachelogger) release script [1], he so awesomely
> provided me with. You can find the output here:
>
> <https://userpage.physik.fu-berlin.de/~milianw/kdevelop/test-release/>

- kdevelop tarball is named 1.0.1 which should be 4.0.1 (same for the
  directory name)
- The translations included in kdevelop and kdevplatform seems to
  differ, at least russian is missing from kdevplatform
- Did you check the percentage of translations for the languages you
  include? I don't have the link at hand right now, but the i18n team
  should know where to find it. Only languages with 75% and more should
  be included to give a somewhat consistent look

Otherwise the packages seem fine (for kdevplatform/kdevelop), I've done a
short test-run (i.e. edited a bit, opened a few files, tried grepview
and contextbrowser)

Go to a movie tonight.  Darkness becomes you.