Removing doubled search results from the grepview plugin

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jul 14 21:16:31 UTC 2010

On 14.07.10 13:56:35, Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
> El 14/07/2010, a las 05:24, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> escribió:
> >On 14.07.10 01:23:39, George Syron wrote:
> >>another thing: wouldn't it be better to integrate the grep
> >>functionality
> >>directly into the plugin instead of using that work-arounds and
> >>tweaks etc.
> >>for making the chain work?
> >
> >No, at least not the grep and find parts. Those two are highly
> >optimized
> >apps and we'd have to invest lots of time to get the same speed
> >implementing all ourselves. Not to mention having to maintain it, fix
> >bugs etc.
>
> What about Windows? No grep, and a totally different find...

Actually wrong, part of the KDE stack are unixutils on windows, which
includes standard grep and find and possibly xargs.

Also at this point we (the core devs) don't really care, its up to those
that want KDevelop running on windows to find a solution to them.

Give your very best today.  Heaven knows it's little enough.