DUChain architecture changes, port away from SmartRange etc.

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jul 12 18:13:45 UTC 2010

On 12.07.10 19:38:49, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On Monday 12 July 2010 18:03:52 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > >
> > > I installed kate from git, that's pretty easy to do - you don't need
> > > the whole KDE 4.5.
> >
> > The problem is that the buildsystem cannot check for such a kate
> > installation currently. It can only check the KDE version. Hence if you'd
> > merge the code to master then everybody trying to build it with KDE 4.4
> > either gets a cmake-error (because you've adjust the requirement to be 4.5)
> > or gets build errors later on because the necessary 4.5 interfaces are not
> > available yet.
> The buildsystem can check,

Note the "currently" in my sentence :) Yes of course the check can be
added, but then I'd either have to muck with my package-installed files
(which I personally won't do) or there would have to be a more complex
way of finding kate so that the buildsystem can add the standalone-kate
header dirs before the kde ones.

Ok, really enough said from my side here. Who codes decides, so lets see
who codes what :)

Advancement in position.