Installation problems with kdevgit plugin

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Jul 8 19:23:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> Andreas Pakulat, 08.07.2010:
> > On 08.07.10 19:33:02, Milian Wolff wrote:
> > > Martin Engelmann, 08.07.2010:

> http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/compiling/plugin
> KDevelop

> > > Fixed, please try again by updating the kdevelop4-git 4.0 branch.
> >
> > I disagree with the change, in particular I disagree about creating any
> > kind of versioned branch. It suggests there was a release and thats
> > wrong.
> >
> > IMHO there should be only a master branch for git and that should
> > correspond to the kdevelop master branch, for the plain fact that the
> > git plugin is nothing an ordinary user should be using. Its unstable and
> > incomplete and may eat children alive.
>
> and still people might want to use it...
> --
> Milian Wolff
> mail at milianw.de
> http://milianw.de
>
> --

Well, I think it's really bad that we didn't get any Git version for 4.0,
that's why I created such branch (and because I needed some changes for
master).
If people keep getting that bad impression we can change the gitorious repo
somehow in order to let people know it's not there yet but for the moment I
propose to stay like that.

As for the plugin, it's quite stable (even if it lacks some features) but
it's not putting us in a bad place.