Installation problems with kdevgit plugin

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jul 8 18:49:22 UTC 2010

On 08.07.10 19:33:02, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Martin Engelmann, 08.07.2010:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to use the git plugin for KDevelop located at
> > http://gitorious.org/kdevelop4-git.
> >
> > Using the guide from
> > http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/compiling/plugins
> > the plugin compiles and is installed, but it is not shown in KDevelop in
> > Help/Loaded Plugins and it does not show up in the list of the version
> > control systems in the New Project wizard.
> >
> > Here is the list of commands I'm using:
> > git clone git://gitorious.org/kdevelop4-git/kdevelop4-git.git
> > cd kdevelop4-git/
> > git checkout -b 4.0 origin/4.0
> > mkdir build
> > cd build
> > cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/kdevelop4-plugins ../
> > make
> > make install
> > export KDEDIRS=$HOME/kdevelop4-plugins/:/usr
> > kbuildsycoca4
> > kdevelop
> >
> > I'm using an up-to-date Debian testing system with kdevplatform 4.0.0 and
> > KDevelop 4.0.0 from Debian's testing repository. Using the master branch of
> > the kdevelop4-git repository leads to compile errors.
>
> Fixed, please try again by updating the kdevelop4-git 4.0 branch.

I disagree with the change, in particular I disagree about creating any
kind of versioned branch. It suggests there was a release and thats
wrong.

IMHO there should be only a master branch for git and that should
correspond to the kdevelop master branch, for the plain fact that the
git plugin is nothing an ordinary user should be using. Its unstable and
incomplete and may eat children alive.

Executive ability is prominent in your make-up.