KDevelop maintainership

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 12:00:58 UTC 2010

Hey,
I'd like to bring this question to our attention one more time.
Andreas stepped down quite a long time ago and nobody stepped up and
we definitely need a maintainer (not just release coordinator, history
shows we as a team do benefit from having a strong and involved
maintainer).

So, I'd like to propose this - like in KDevelop3 times, elect two maintainers:
* one person to do release management (boring stuff: release team
participation, packaging, bug management, writing stories, dot
articles, etc, etc.)
* another person to watch after technical things (fun stuff: watch
after code, api, architecture, do reviews, have a say when there's no
consensus during technical discussions)

Amilcar and I managed to make 5 releases this way (from 3.1 to 3.5)
and I think that went quite well.

What would you guys to say about electing:
* Milian for release coordinator
* Andreas for technical maintainer