Problems with new session support

Olivier J. G. olivier.jg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 22:57:39 UTC 2010

Just to throw in another opinion.
I may be a perfectionist, but I make a point of naming all my sessions.
I also usually have a couple sessions open. One for KDevelop bugs I
run into, and one or two for real life work. Just to note, while it's
all good and well that someone might want the switch behavior as a
convenience... when you don't want it, it's far worse of an
inconvenience. My solution currently is simply to start another
instance of kdevelop and switch sessions. The command line switch is
good to know about... but that's not exactly a UI feature.
IMO... instead of a dialog, the menu could be expanded...
------------
KDevel Session >
    Open
    Switch to
    Rename
MyProject Session (Running) >
    Open
    Switch to
    Rename
A little unconventional for a menu perhaps, but the menu system is
already fairly much so. Also, I hate dialogs.

-Olivier JG