Project building

Sam S. smls75 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 12:09:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:08 PM, David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I think the KDevelop4 UI is in a relatively good shape now, but what could use
> some more usability is the project management/building.
>
> There is a few problems I see:
> - Project -> Build / Install / Clean / Prune: It is not clear what _exactly_
> these things do. Not even to me. It should be more clear _what_ they do, and
> _on what_ they do it.

Another issue is that it is not very obvious for new users that the
Project Manager tree view is anything more than an informational file
view (i.e. that it is supposed to be an interface for handling
Projects/build-items themselves, rather than just listing all files
inside projects).

A simple way to somewhat improve this, might be to change the font
styles of the treeview items:
 - show project folders in bold
 - show build-items/subproject folders in bold + italics
 - show all file names in grey font, except those explicitely managed
by the CMake manager (or equivalent)