html / xml language support

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 08:50:30 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 09:13, Ruan Strydom <ruan at jcell.co.za> wrote:
> Sorry I just realized that I had a couple of random incorrect statements and
> questions thrown into one paragraph... here is a re-factored version, please
> ignore the other.
hehe, "refactored" text :D

> I will try to do DTD first since HTML use it. Schema's have inheritance and a
> more complex structure so I would have to keep it in mind while doing it.
> Perhaps I can pass a couple of diagrams past you guy's?
>
> Which leads to the question about the DUChain: are you certain that I should
> not use it, as  schema's follow a OO structure, there is inheritance, also
> schema define 'enums', etc which is similar to code (correction)?
No, I was just saying you don't *have* to use it. If it fits your
needs - use it. Maybe
David can comment on this.

> About implementing a tree like structure in the DUChain: it may go a couple of
> levels deep, but I do not think that it would be majorly excessive
> since humans type it?
The problem I was thinking about was not storing a tree structure in
DUChain (that
should perfeclty work), it was the Outline Quick open that doesn't show a tree.

> There is a lot of work that went into the DUChain and its synchronization
> (correction), making my own will just open a whole new can of worms. I
> suppose I could use aspects of the DUChain rather than using all of it?
You probably could create a list that contains:
- what you need to store
- when you need to reparse it
- when you need to load it (ie. after kdevelop restart)
- what items you need to find in the structure
And then decide on the storage system to use.

Niko