To freeze or not to freeze?

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Sun Jan 17 09:24:25 UTC 2010

On Sunday 17 January 2010 03:32:30 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Anyway, I'm going to stop argumenting into either direction. So far
> David is for an early freeze. Apparently you and Milian are for freezing
> after the meeting. And I'm undecided, so you two win unless more people
> raise their hand for a freeze.

My vote, if it counts at all, is to freeze as soon as possible.

Perhaps KDevelop should start doing the soft freezes that KDE does? The one
where all new features needs to be listed somewhere at a certain stage?

Getting 4.0 out soon is vital, both to recruit new developers and to get
users. Besides, noone seems to have new features in a semi-ready stage, which
means that it is unlikely they can be implemented and bugfree by 1st of April.
Futhermore, the release date has already been pushed out.

--
Kind regards, Esben