extragear/sdk/kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jan 17 01:54:00 UTC 2010

On 17.01.10 00:07:18, David Nolden wrote:
> SVN commit 1075910 by zwabel:
>
> Add a "bool ICore::shuttingDown()" function that allows determining whether we're shutting down in a clean way.

This is wrong. Public API should be added because its useful, not to
workaround problems in the design of certain components. And this
function is potentially dangerous even, as plugin authors start to use
that in all places they want to protect, instead of implementing a
proper cleanup function.

Please revert and either fix this properly (without such a crude hack)
or live with the deadlock.

Avert misunderstanding by calm, poise, and balance.