Project building

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 14 21:08:37 UTC 2010

I think the KDevelop4 UI is in a relatively good shape now, but what could use
some more usability is the project management/building.

There is a few problems I see:
- Project -> Build / Install / Clean / Prune: It is not clear what _exactly_
these things do. Not even to me. It should be more clear _what_ they do, and
_on what_ they do it.

We've discussed how the buildset could be improved in the past. Apart from
those ideas (simpler selection of items in the tree), I think we could improve
the usability and usefulnes of the build-set by simply renaming it to "Project
Selection". Then the menu-entries could say "Build Selection", "Install
Selection", "Clean Selection", etc., and it would be a bit clearer what is
supposed to happen.

Greetings, David