progress in gdb

Vasek Smidl vasek.smidl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 20:08:03 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I keep an eye on kdevelop4 for some time. I use it as my production environment
due to beauty of duchain. Thanks for such a fine job.

The only worry is debugging. I use "raw" gdb prompt quite often (own gdb
macros) and it is currently broken in switching frames.
Clicking on a frame in the frame stack tab switches to the current document,
but gdb command prompt is not switched. Interestingly enough, not even "up" or
"f" commands work in the gdb prompt.

Interestingly enough, it works when I switch frames after a crash but only
once. I mean,
1 runtime_exception
2 swith to a frame
3 (gdb) p this
  $1 = (const bdm::merger_base * const) 0x734640
4 repeating the same command:
  (gdb) p this
  No symbol "this" in current context.

It seems to me that `something' in the background is switching frames back to
frame 0.

Please let me know if I can help somehow in debugging this. Prepare a minimum
example? Try some arguments in gdb?

Thanks,
Vasek