To freeze or not to freeze?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jan 14 11:44:38 UTC 2010

On Thursday, 14. January 2010 09:50:08 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think we've reached a final conclusion on wether we'll
> feature-freeze the codebase with the next beta or not. Not doing it
> (i.e. freezing with beta9) would probably mean delaying the release by 2
> - 4 weeks (i.e. end of April instead of March), but would give us the
> opportunity to add the last smaller features during the Sprint in
> February.

If trunk would be frozen, we must not add any features, hm? I.e. only
performance tuning and esp. bug hunting during the meeting. I think I
personally would be OK with it, I don't have any pressing features I must see
in 4.0, and if I can't stand the freeze I could just hack on PHP/CSS plugins
or Kate ;-)

But I do wonder what we would do with features that would be nice for 4.1, I
esp. think about the welcome page... This would maybe even be nice for 4.0...

Isn't it possible to create a git-svn repo on e.g. gitorious? That way one
could simply add the features there and merge/rebase after the freeze is
lifted? Dunno...

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de