On Kate Colorschemes and custom highlighting

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 8 17:51:13 UTC 2010

Milian Wolff wrote:
> - the color cache that generates our custom colors is a singleton, currently
> it only listens to changes in the global KDE color scheme and adapts properly

That doesn't seem right, the system color scheme and kate color scheme
are only loosely coupled. As soon as someone has modified kate's color
scheme, a change in kate's colors will never correspond to a change in
the system color scheme, and vice versa. (Actually I don't know if kate
is even reacting dynamically to system color scheme changes at this
point; I want to say it isn't.)

Unfortunately there probably is no interface for kate to notify of color
scheme changes at this time. (I could be wrong though, I didn't look
into much when the color scheme interface was written.)

--
Matthew
If this message is intercepted, the sender will disavow all knowledge of