debugging kdevelop.bin doesn't work

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 17:43:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 09:23, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 25.02.10 07:00:25, Niko Sams wrote:

>> > Well, that didn't work either, thats why I tried kdevelop.bin+envvar. So
>> > how do I debug this?
>> Strange; it works for me. Double checked now on my desktop machine.
>>
>> gdb kdevelop
>> run
>> ....wait
>> hit Ctrl+C
>> stops somewhere in main_internal.cpp
>>
>> maybe you have the follow child processes commands enabled?
>
> I'm not talking about standalone-gdb, I want to debug kdevelop from
> inside kdevelop. I had a breakpoint on a kcm-constructor and it wasn't
> triggered when I opened the config page.
That works for me too.
I started like that:
kdevelop --debug gdb kdevelop -s test
the (automatically added) breakpoint in main was hit once in main.cpp
and once in main_internal.cpp.
I could add additional breakpoints and kdevelop stopped there.

Did you try using gdb from console? First we should figure out if it's
an gdb or kdevelop only issue.

Niko