KDevelop breaks its own duchain repository

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 21 16:37:39 UTC 2010

Am Sonntag 21 Februar 2010 17:28:20 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that somehow kdevelop likes to break his own duchain repository
> quite a lot lately. I could only see this happening regularly with my
> default session containing kdevelop and kdevplatform.
>
> This morning I hacked a bit, then shut down kdevelop. Now I just
> restarted it and the duchain seems to be broken (at least thats the only
> reason I can see for this crash and it of course helps to delete the
> duchain repository). As the assert-place also has something to do with
> the editor (I think): I'm still running KDE4.3 on this machine.
>
> This started happening only very recently (sometime last week) and I
> also have it only on this session so far.
>
> Is this helpful to anyone here to do something about it?
This issue is not related to the duchain repository, but rather to some
shell/sublime internal document-management.

The problems seems to be that multiple KTextEditor documents are opened for
the same file, or something similar, which then leads to the assertion.

I've also seen this a few times, but never found a way to reproduce it.

Greetings, David