extragear/sdk/kdevplatform

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 10:09:51 UTC 2010

2010/2/20 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
>> +    virtual void showQuickOpen( const QStringList &types ) = 0;
> Can we please use an enum for this instead of a stringlist without any
> type-checking. I know its a plain stringlist in the implementation, but
> at least the public API should be sane.

The problem is that apart from known types that can be listed in the
enum (functions, classes, files) any plugin can register its own type
and a handler/dataprovider for that.
These types should be of course combinable with others and they should
never clash.

Do you know how this problem is solved or maybe a place in KDE code
where to look for the solution?

So far the only thing which comes to mind is this:
IQuickOpen::registerProvider() calculates the next enum value and
returns an integer for the caller
Caller (Ruby switchers code) stores that integer and uses it.

I'm interested whether this "calculate the next enum value" task is
already solved somewhere.