Language dependent grouping of code completion items

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Feb 18 14:51:14 UTC 2010

Hey there!

I'm trying to change the grouping of PHP completion items. There it would make
sense to have the "Global" group split up into:

- Classes
- Constants
- Functions
- Variables

The "Global" section is simply overcrowded. The problem is that this is
apparently done inside KateCompletionModel (see groupingAttributes()).

Now to change that I have to add additional levels to my completion item tree
or what? I though I could simply change the computeGroups() of the completion
worker for PHP (by using my own attribute extractor) but that does not work at
all it seems.

David, I guess you wrote most of that, or at least have a knowledge about how
to use it - can you give me some hints?

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de