git support

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Feb 16 15:05:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Vladimir Prus <ghost at cs.msu.su> wrote:

> On Monday 15 February 2010 20:06:27 David Nolden wrote:
>
> > Am Montag 15 Februar 2010 17:26:58 schrieb Aleix Pol:
> > > Hi,
> > > As I said I have been trying to get the git plugin to work today.
> > > I didn't know what was the state of it. I have to say it's not that
> bad. I
> > > didn't try any weird cases but at least it's something to work on.
> > >
> > > The biggest problem I have found it's that the reviewpatch
> infrastructure
> > > doesn't cope properly with git's diff format. I'm not sure how to
> address
> > > that, any idea?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Aleix
> > I guess the main problem is that git usually prepends "a/" and "b/" to
> the
> > paths within the patch, so one needs to use "-p2" or something like that
> when
> > using the patch utility.
> >
> > However I think the used diff-library doesn't support such kinds of
> prefixes.
> >
> > I guess the simplest solution would be processing the patches from git,
> > changing the paths in a way so that they equal the paths used by svn.
>
> Or pass the --no-prefix option to 'git diff'?
>
> - Volodya
>

> --

Ok, I managed to port libdiff2 back from kdesdk and now we can read patches
from git. yay!

now: any reason why the VcsDiff class doesnt provide the patch base?
makes sense to me...

I'll add that, just to report :P

Thanks for the answers!

PD: Btw, this prefix stuff is not a problem for kompare but is for
patchreview, maybe this should be sorted out... -.- we'll see.